The ketogenic diet is a low carbohydrate, moderate protein and high fat diet that does not promote weight loss but instead helps in the use of healthy fats. In this recipe for Keto Cloud Bread, we combine multiple types of bread to create an oopsie bread with more fiber than traditional yeast breads.
The “keto cloud bread recipe” is a low carb and gluten-free recipe that can be made in the oven or in a skillet. The best part is it tastes like cinnamon rolls.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This cloud bread recipe is simple, airy, and only requires three ingredients. Learn how to create the greatest grain-free keto cloud bread (or oopsie bread) that’s Sandwiches will love it..
What is Cloud Bread, exactly?
Cloud bread, often known as oopsie bread, is a low-carb bread substitute. This keto bread has a light and fluffy texture thanks to just three ingredients. It’s a high-protein loaf that doesn’t need any keto flour, such blanched almond flour or coconut flour.
This cloud bread is minimal in carbohydrates as well as calories. In order to prepare oopsie bread, whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form, then fold in the cream cheese.
I’m not sure who came up with the idea for this low-carb bread, but it’s a terrific alternative for anybody seeking for a low-carb bread recipe.
It’s really adaptable, and you can use any toppings you have on hand.
I can now eat my sandwich without all the carbohydrates after baking them till they get brown.
Why Will You Enjoy This Cloud Bread Recipe?
- Low-carb, low-calorie bread substitute
- Gluten and grain free by nature
- Super light and fluffy.
- From start to completion, it takes just 30 minutes.
- Suitable for freezing
Cloud Bread Ingredients
The key components for this bread alternative, also known as Oopsie bread, Oopsie rolls, or cloud bread, are eggs, cream cheese, and cream of tartar.
Replace the cream cheese with the same quantity of mascarpone for a richer, creamier flavor.
- Use big eggs that are at room temperature. Both the egg whites and yolks will be required, but they must be separated.
- Cream cheese – I used full fat cream cheese to create cloud bread, but mascarpone is a close second, particularly when making sweet cloud bread.
- Cream of tartar — works as a stabilizer for the egg whites, keeping them very frothy when the other ingredients are incorporated. It is strongly recommended, however it is optional.
Recipe for Cloud Bread
In just a few simple steps, you can bake cloud bread at home. All you have to do is whisk the egg whites before adding the cream cheese. Then bake till golden brown in the oven.
There’s a reason they’re nicknamed cloud bread. Each keto bun is light, fluffy, and calorie-free.
To ensure that the buns are nice and fluffy, follow these steps:
- Use room temperature eggs and beat the egg whites with cream of tartar in a very dry dish to avoid any additional moisture.
- To help the batter rise, add cream of tartar (or any other leavening agent). The only thing that stops the buns from flattening out while chilling is cream of tartar (I tried everything else). It also helps a lot with the texture, in my view.
- Fold the whisked egg whites into the cream cheese and egg yolk mixture with care. You want the batter to be as light as possible.
- To make the cloud buns, pour the egg mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and form into 1/2-inch thick rounds. There are 6 cloud buns in this recipe.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top, in a preheated oven.
Is it possible to make Oopsie Bread without using cream of tartar?
When beating egg whites, cream of tartar is used to keep them stable. It’s the secret to keeping your keto bread fluffy after it comes out of the oven.
I’ll tell you a little secret. I prepared this recipe without cream of tartar or any substitutes, and it worked out perfectly.
Alternatives to Tartar Cream
If you don’t have cream of tartar (potassium hydrogen tartrate) on hand, use 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon white vinegar for every 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar. You should get the same outcome.
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar is required in this recipe; if you don’t have any, substitute:
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
To break through a weight reduction plateau, many utilize the keto cloud bread in egg fasts.
Calories in Cloud Bread
This cloud bread is strong in protein and low in calories. If you want to boost your protein consumption without adding additional carbohydrates to your diet, this is a great option.
Cloud Bread is low in calories and carbohydrates, with just 86 calories per slice.
The Best Keto Cloud Bread Tips
- Use parchment paper to line or oil the baking pan. Foil is not a good choice. The oopsie rolls will stick even if you butter it.
- Ensure that all of the components are at room temperature before beginning. This significantly decreases the eggy flavor while also speeding up the formation of stiff peaks. Also, the cream cheese blends into the frothy egg whites more easily.
- To maintain the batter as frothy as possible, add the egg yolks and cream cheese mixture in portions. Using a rubber spatula, work as softly as possible.
- The egg whites should not be overbeaten. You’ll get a runny batter as a result.
The Best Way to Serve Cloud Bread
The nice thing is that this three-ingredient cloud bread may be used just like conventional white bread. Here are some of my personal favorites:
- Sandwiches will love it.
- Use cloud bread as a crust for little keto pizzas.
- Serve alongside soup.
- Spread cheese on breadsticks and cut them into sticks.
- Serve with homemade chia jam as a toast.
- Keto Grilled Cheese may be made.
How to Keep Cloud Bread Fresh
The first day after baking, cloud bread tastes finest, and I suggest eating them right away. Here are some of the finest storage options for this low-carb bread:
- Refrigerator: Wrap each cloud bread separately in parchment paper and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: Cloud Bread is Suitable for freezing. First, freeze in a single layer, and then transfer to a plastic bag. To serve, thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Reheating instructions: I like to reheat cloud bread that has been kept in the refrigerator or freezer in the toaster. Use the lowest setting possible since it burns more quicker than conventional wheat flour bread.
Interested in more Keto Bread Recipes? Consider the following:
This cloud bread recipe is simple, airy, and only requires three ingredients. Learn how to create the greatest grain-free keto cloud bread (or oopsie bread) that’s great for sandwiches.
- 3 big room temperature eggs
- 3 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon tartar sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
Cooking Option Stop your screen from turning black.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit/150 degrees Celsius. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
Separate the eggs into two bowls, one for the whites and one for the yolks.
Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
In a separate dish, whisk together cream cheese and egg yolks until creamy.
Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the cream cheese yolk mixture.
Scoop the mixture onto the parchment paper in six circular shapes.
Sprinkle each cloud bread with pink salt or any other spices you choose.
Bake until brown and fluffy, about 30-35 minutes.
This recipe creates 6 oopsie rolls, with one oopsie roll serving size.
How are the nutritional values calculated?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Keywords: oopsie bread, cloud bread
Please subscribe now!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The “cloud bread with greek yogurt” is a low carb, keto friendly recipe. It is a great way to make cloud bread that does not use eggs or dairy. The recipe includes step by step pictures and instructions on how to create this tasty breakfast treat.
- how to make cloud bread
- cloud bread recipe variations
- 3 ingredient cloud bread
- cloud bread without cream of tartar
- cloud bread without cream cheese