Mac and Cheese is a classic comfort food that’s also an easy way to sneak in some vegetables. This recipe swaps out the processed cheese sauce for cauliflower, making it both low-fat and gluten free.
The “roasted cauliflower mac and cheese” is a recipe that combines the classic flavors of mac and cheese with roasted cauliflower. The result is a healthy dish that tastes delicious.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This is the BEST Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, and it’s a kid-approved family favorite. It has a highly creamy sauce consisting of a blend of cheeses, as well as a variety of seasonings to enhance the flavor. It’s the ideal warm, easy-to-make keto cauliflower meal that’s great for supper or as a festive side dish.
Cauliflower works well in a variety of dishes that call for pasta or potatoes, and it may even be used to create rice or cauliflower pizza.
Will it have the same flavor? No, but its neutral flavor works well in a variety of low-carb dishes.
With this delectable cauliflower mac and cheese, you won’t miss the pasta.
It’s incredible to be on keto and yet eat all of your favorite comfort foods!
Is Macaroni & Cheese a Keto Food?
Regular mac and cheese is not keto-friendly since it is prepared with high-carb pasta that is also heavily processed. However, if you miss your favorite pasta dish, I’ve got you covered with this delicious low carb keto mac and cheese that’s very simple to cook and has a much lower net carb count.
Yes, I understand that cauliflower is not the same as macaroni, so labeling this meal “mac and cheese” is incorrect. But you get the idea: by substituting cauliflower for macaroni, we can make a dinner that tastes just as good but has less carbohydrates per serving. This is ideal for those on a keto diet or trying to increase their veggie intake.
Why Will You Enjoy This Keto Mac And Cheese Recipe?
- A tasty way to get more veggies into your diet.
- A few spices and six essential components
- Per serving, there are just 5 grams of net carbohydrates.
- ready in under 30 minutes
- Grain-free and gluten-free by nature
- The cheese sauce does not need any thickeners.
- This very creamy cheese sauce complements the delicate cauliflower excellently.
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe Ingredients
- Start with some high-quality, sharp cheddar and then add additional cheese of your choice for a silky smooth cheese sauce. You may use White Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or other cheeses instead of Gruyere.
- Cauliflower — About one medium head of cauliflower, cut into tiny, bite-sized florets is required. You may also use frozen cauliflower, but be sure to thaw it first.
- Heavy cream gives richness and aids in the mixing of the components.
- Garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper are used to give the sauce a distinct but not overbearing flavor. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings.
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe
The key lies in the sauce, which is made up of butter, three kinds of cheese, heavy cream, and spices and is silky smooth and creamy. It will thicken naturally into a rich, low-carb cheese sauce that is excellent for spaghetti.
Everything you’ll need to prepare keto cauliflower mac and cheese is listed below:
- Cook the cauliflower until it’s soft but still crisp, or until you get the texture you want. Drain well and put aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat to make the cheese sauce. Stir in the heavy cream until everything is well combined.
- Add the softened cream cheese and seasonings once the pan is heated. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Over the “cauliflower” pasta, combine the low-carb cheese.
- Serve hot, garnished with crispy bacon green onions. Yum!
Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
- At home, grate your cheese. Take this additional step to ensure that your cheese melts correctly and has the finest taste possible. I guarantee it will revolutionize the game.
- CHEESE SHOULD NOT BE ADDED TO THE EXTREMELY HOT SAUCE. Reduce the heat and wait until the sauce stops boiling before adding the shredded cheese. If you add cheese to a simmering sauce, the texture will become gritty.
- Use your preferred cheeses — I went with cheddar and Gruyere, but you may experiment with various combinations.
- To prevent watery mac and cheese, drain the cauliflower thoroughly. You may also use clean paper towels to dry.
Cauliflower contains carbohydrates.
The nutritional profile of one cup of cauliflower, or around 100g of cauliflower florets, is as follows:
- carbs (5 grams)
- 2 g fiber in the diet
- 3 g of net carbohydrates
- calorie count: 25
- Protein content: 2 g
How to Organize
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight jar for up to 5 days.
- Freeze – While this isn’t the best option, you can freeze individual portions for up to 3 months, properly wrapped. Thaw overnight in the fridge and warm in the microwave when ready to serve. Give the cheese sauce a quick toss if it separates and serve.
Recipes for Cauliflower
This is the BEST Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, and it’s a kid-approved family favorite. It has a highly creamy sauce consisting of a blend of cheeses, as well as a variety of seasonings to enhance the flavor. It’s the ideal warm, easy-to-make cauliflower meal that’s great for supper or as a celebratory side dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, florets chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 gallon heavy cream
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Gruyere cheese, 12 cup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 12 teaspoon paprika
- 12 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cooked and crumbled bacon slices (optional)
- Optional: 14 cup chopped green onions
Cooking Option Stop your screen from turning black.
Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and add the cauliflower florets. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft. Drain and put aside the water.
Butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Stir until the cream cheese is well combined.
Reduce the heat to low and toss in the shredded cheddar and Gruyere cheese until all of the cheese has melted.
Pour the cheese over the cauliflower and mix well.
Serve immediately with crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
How are the nutritional values calculated?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Macaroni and cheese, cauliflower
Please subscribe now!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The “Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese” is a recipe that has been around for a while. It is the best mac and cheese you will ever have. Reference: cauliflower mac and cheese with cream cheese.
- keto cauliflower mac and cheese
- cauliflower mac and cheese jamie oliver
- cauliflower mac and cheese pioneer woman
- cauliflower mac and cheese stovetop
- healthy cauliflower mac and cheese