Modern life can be tough – many of us struggle with stress, anxiety and depression. But there is a way to heal our minds as well as our bodies. Positive Psychology offers tools that are easy for anyone to use and allow people to enjoy living more fully than ever before..
The “what is the relationship between stress and the immune system?” is a question that has been asked by many people. The answer to this question can be found in the article “Positive Psychology Heals Inflammation – Simple Health: Customized effective Naturopathic care and programs.”
Did you know that your emotional state has an impact on your immune system?
Your immune system health is strengthened when you’re in an awwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
According to Stellar and Gordon’s research, when you have more amazement in your life, your immune health improves as well.
Awe is described as a state of mind that enables you to focus on something other than yourself, makes you feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself, alters your view of time, and makes you feel thankful and kind.
When you have more emotional highs and POSITIVE feelings than NEGATIVE emotions, you have a lower level of proinflammatory cytokines, which promote chronic inflammation.
Your POSITIVE emotions have an impact on more than only your health. This delights me to share with you because adding amazement to your life can be so easy.
What awwwwwe-worthy moments can you include into your life to promote your health and immunity? What in your life inspires you and makes you awestruck?
Here are seven ideas to help you enhance your AWE:
- Allow yourself to become more socially engaged and engage in social activities.
- Listen to music that makes your heart happy.
- Take a walk outside. Take a stroll in the woods and utilize all five of your senses on your excursion.
- Pursue a creative activity that excites you.
- Make a wonderful gesture for someone.
- Create optimistic ideas to reframe your daily duties.
- Spend time with the kids.
The major message I’m getting to help you with today is to look for anything that makes you feel AWE every day. Your emotions as well as your immune system will be grateful!
The “negative emotions have a negative influence on the self esteem” is a common statement that can be found throughout psychology literature. However, recent research has shown that positive emotions are just as influential in healing inflammation and promoting wellness.
- one minute of anger weakens the immune system for 4 to 5 hours
- how negative emotions affect your health
- negative emotions and immune system
- disorders of the immune system
- anger and immune system