“Positive psychology is the study of positive human and animal emotions, as opposed to negative ones. It focuses on flourishing experiences over problems.” The Psychology Today article goes into detail about this topic.
Inflammation is a natural response to stress. Inflammation can cause pain, swelling, and may lead to serious health problems. However, there are ways to reduce inflammation that don’t involve medication or surgery. Read more in detail here: what is the relationship between stress and the immune system?.
Did you know that your emotional state has an impact on your immune system?
Your immune system health is strengthened when you’re in an awwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
According to Stellar and Gordon’s research, when you have more amazement in your life, your immune health improves as well.
Awe is described as a state of mind that enables you to focus on something other than yourself, makes you feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself, alters your view of time, and makes you feel thankful and kind.
When you have more emotional highs and POSITIVE feelings than NEGATIVE emotions, you have a lower level of proinflammatory cytokines, which promote chronic inflammation.
Your POSITIVE emotions have an impact on more than only your health. This delights me to share with you because adding amazement to your life can be so easy.
What awwwwwe-worthy moments can you include into your life to promote your health and immunity? What in your life inspires you and makes you awestruck?
Here are seven ideas to help you enhance your AWE:
- Allow yourself to become more socially engaged and engage in social activities.
- Listen to music that makes your heart happy.
- Take a walk outside. Take a stroll in the woods and utilize all five of your senses on your excursion.
- Pursue a creative activity that excites you.
- Make a wonderful gesture for someone.
- Create positive thoughts to reframe your daily tasks.
- Spend time with the kids.
The major message I’m getting to help you with today is to look for anything that makes you feel AWE every day. Your emotions as well as your immune system will be grateful!
The “negative emotions have a negative influence on the self esteem” is a theory that has been proven by many researches. There are many positive psychology programs and naturopathic care available to help with this issue.
- one minute of anger weakens the immune system for 4 to 5 hours
- how negative emotions affect your health
- negative emotions and immune system
- disorders of the immune system
- anger and immune system