Juicy Oven-Baked Chicken Breast is a low carb recipe that tastes great and feeds the whole family. It’s also gluten free!
The low-carb, high protein recipe for Juicy Oven-Baked Chicken Breast is a perfect dinner dish. With only 2 net carbs and 5 grams of fat per serving, you can enjoy this guiltless indulgence without the fear of going over your daily carb limit or exceeding your calorie count!
The “keto oven fried chicken with baking powder” is a low carb recipe that uses a few simple ingredients. The chicken breast is baked in the oven and then covered in cheese, bacon, and jalapeños for a delicious meal.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This baked chicken breast dish is quick and easy to prepare, yielding the most juicy chicken breast in only 15 minutes. Say goodbye to dry chicken and welcome to roasted chicken breasts that are delightfully tender.
Stop looking for the finest oven-baked chicken breast recipe since this one has the most tasty boneless chicken breast in the oven with the least amount of ingredients and prep time.
Learn how to prepare chicken breast fast by seasoning it well and baking it till golden brown.
Chicken is one of our go-to meats for hectic days, and we create chicken bacon ranch casserole, crack chicken, chicken salad, and a hearty white chicken chili dish with leftovers.
Why Will You Enjoy This Recipe for Oven-Baked Chicken Breast?
- It’s the finest technique to cook chicken breast in the oven. – Juicy and tender. To minimize dry and chewy chicken breasts, we use a method that involves roasting on high heat for a shorter time.
- It’s easy to make and bake. It takes less than 15 minutes to bake the chicken after it has been seasoned.
- It’s ideal for dinner preparation. It’s a fantastic technique to roast chicken in the oven, then keep it in the fridge and use it in a variety of chicken dishes.
- It’s good for you. There are no harmful oils, frying, fatty sauces, or anything else in this kitchen.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Breast
To prepare the juiciest oven-baked chicken breast, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Chicken Breasts — For this dish, I recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts. If you’re using bone-in chicken breasts, the cooking time will need to be increased.
- Unsalted butter — for a superb taste and a golden crust, add olive oil. It also aids in the seasoning’s adhesion to the breasts.
- I used my own Italian seasoning for simplicity, but you can also use dried rosemary, sage, or tarragon, which all work well with chicken.
- Powdered garlic
- Paprika — offers a lovely color and a somewhat sweet flavor to the dish. Smoked paprika is also a good choice.
- Salt and pepper are a must-have combination for enhancing tastes.
Cooking Chicken Breasts
In just a few simple steps, you can bake boneless chicken breast. To achieve a well-seasoned, juicy chicken, no marinating or brining is required.
- Make sure you have all of the ingredients ready. In a small bowl, combine all of the seasoning ingredients.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow basin, pour the olive oil over them, and season with the spice mix. Mix well until they are completely coated.
- Bake. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet coated with parchment paper, set the chicken breast on it, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside, depending on the size.
- Allow the cooked chicken to rest for approximately 10 minutes, wrapped in foil, before serving.
Suggestions and variations
- Allow the chicken to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature before cooking to ensure even cooking.
- To ensure that the breasts cook evenly, pound them with a meat tenderizer.
- Make cautious not to overcook your chicken since it is naturally lean and dries out quickly.
- To check for doneness, invest in an instant-read meat thermometer. When a thermometer put in the thickest section of the chicken reads 165°F, it’s done.
- Allow cooked chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes, wrapped in foil, to keep the juices in.
- Adjust the cooking time based on the size of your chicken breasts. Cooking time will be longer if your breasts are thicker.
- Any of your favorite seasonings may be used. Cajun flavor, poultry seasoning, cumin, and dried marjoram are all delicious possibilities.
What Is the Best Baking Temperature for Chicken?
When it comes to baking chicken breasts, 450°F is the ideal temperature. Cooking the chicken at a high temperature for a short time results in crispy edges and seals in all of the fluids on the interior.
You may either bake the chicken for 30 minutes at 350°F or grill it. You may alternatively bake it for 20 minutes at 450°F. I’ve tried both methods and found that the latter produces the most juicy chicken.
Cooking Times for Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts
Here are some time suggestions if you wish to bake at a different temperature:
- Preheat oven to 325°F and roast an 8-ounce chicken breast for 30-35 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and roast an 8-ounce chicken breast for 25-30 minutes.
- 375°F — Many recipes specify that chicken breasts be baked at 375°F. At this temperature, though, I find it simpler to overcook. Cooking time will be reduced by around 20 to 23 minutes.
- 400°F – Preheat oven to 400°F and roast chicken breasts for 22-24 minutes.
Is it necessary to cover the chicken while it bakes?
It’s not a good idea to cover chicken in the oven. This is particularly true with skin-on chicken breasts, since the skin will get mushy and will not crisp up. The chicken, on the other hand, will bake evenly without being covered.
Is Chicken Breast Baked in the Oven Healthy?
Baked chicken is a lean protein source that is low in calories and saturated fat. The following is the nutritional breakdown:
1 cup of roasted chicken breast provides 231 calories, 43 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat, and 0 grams of carbs, according to the USDA.
To summarize, roasted chicken breast is a nutritious supplement to a well-balanced diet that may be served with a variety of nutrient-dense side dishes.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Oven
You can bake frozen chicken breasts, but they will take longer to cook than fresh meat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, on a baking sheet lined with foil, lay the frozen chicken breast.
- Season it with salt and pepper after drizzling it with olive oil on both sides. Oil is necessary because it helps the spices adhere to the frozen chicken.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes uncovered in the oven, then cover with foil and bake until it reaches 165°F.
Baked Chicken Breast: What To Serve
Chicken is one of the most adaptable proteins, in my view. It’s a versatile piece that works with just about everything. Serve it sliced, shredded, or whole for a stunning presentation. I usually slice it before serving to make it simpler for my kids to eat.
Here are a few fascinating alternatives to go along with this oven-baked chicken breast:
Without a thermometer, how can you tell whether a chicken breast is cooked?
- When you cut the breast, the juices should stream clean. If the liquids are pink or crimson, the chicken isn’t completely cooked.
- The flesh should be opaque, matt, and white in appearance– a little faint pinkish hue is acceptable as long as it is not shiny, translucent, jelly-like, or mushy. If you’re not sure, cut it in the deepest part of the biggest breast with a knife and examine it thoroughly. If you’re still not sure, cook for a few more minutes.
Instructions for Storage
- Refrigerate any leftovers for 3-4 days in the fridge. Then, before storing it for rapid meal prep, shred or slice it, and use leftovers to make sandwiches or to top a salad.
- Reheating — If you wish to reheat it, I suggest doing it in an air fryer for approximately 5 minutes, or until it is well heated.
- Freezer – If properly packaged, shredded or diced leftovers may be stored for 3–4 months. I prefer to freeze leftovers in separate smaller bags for easy leftover servings.
This oven baked chicken breast dish is quick and easy to prepare, yielding the most juicy chicken breast in only 15 minutes. Say goodbye to dry chicken and welcome to roasted chicken breasts that are delightfully tender.
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius).
In a small bowl, combine salt, Italian Seasoning, black pepper, Powdered garlic, and smoked paprika.
Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season both sides with the spice mix.
Using a meat thermometer, cook for 18-20 minutes in a preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Broil for the last 3 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Remove the chicken from the oven and set it aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to settle.
Serve with pan juices and fresh parsley on top.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Chicken breasts cooked in the oven
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The “Keto oven baked chicken” is a low carb recipe that uses simple ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil and salt. The dish is also gluten-free and sugar-free. Reference: keto oven baked chicken.
- low carb boneless chicken thigh recipes
- keto oven fried chicken breast
- keto lemon chicken in oven
- carbs in oven fried chicken
- low carb crispy chicken tenders