You’ve always thought the way to lose weight is to eat fewer carbs, and you’ve always been right. But there are some questions you need to answer before you get started. What kind of carbs should you eat? What kinds of foods should you avoid? How can you figure out how many carbs you should be eating each day? What should you eat? And when should you eat it?
El Pollo Loco has long been a staple of Los Angeles’ culinary scene. The chain was founded in the 1940s and now has over 200 restaurants, including several locations in the Inland Empire. They are known for having the best chicken in the city, and the Keto Dining Guide will tell you exactly what to order so you can maximize their nutrition, flavor, and satisfaction.
Do you like crazy chicken?
Are you on the go and looking for a quick keto meal? El Pollo Loco offers delicious food and a handy food guide. You can even view their menus and click on the items you want to add to or remove from each meal, adjusting the number of carbs, calories, and other nutritional information. I wish all restaurants had this option!
Besides the delicious food, El Pollo Loco also has something else you can hack into the menu to get some great keto friendly options!
Here are the best keto menus available at El Pollo Loco….
1. El Pollo Loco Keto Taco
I’d like a taco keto, please!
- Nutritional values : 260 calories | 17 g fat | 14 g total carbohydrates | 9 g fiber | 3 g sugar | 19 g protein | 5 g net carbs
This delicious keto taco features chopped chicken, pico de gallo salsa, avocado, shredded lettuce, creamy cilantro dressing and jack cheese in a tortilla made with high-fiber, low-carb flour.
Although this product is called dirty keto by some, it is certified keto friendly.
2. El Pollo Loco Keto Burrito
I’d like a keto burrito, please!
- Nutritional value: 440 calories | 28 g fat | 31 g total carbohydrates | 21 g fiber | 3 g sugar | 35 g protein | 10 g net carbs
The world’s first self-proclaimed keto burrito contains ground chicken, red cabbage, cotija cheese, creamy cilantro dressing, organic spinach, avocado slices and pico de gallo salsa – all in a tortilla made from high-fiber, low-carb flour.
3. El Pollo Loco Double chicken salad with avocado
I would like a double chicken salad with avocado, please, no corn.
- Nutritional value: 330 calories | 15 g fat | 39 g protein | 12 g total carbohydrates | 5 g fiber | 3 g sugar | 39 g protein | 7 g net carbs
The double chicken-avocado salad contains pico de gallo salsa, avocado slices, cilantro, cotija cheese, chopped chicken breast and sour cream. You can also replace the shrimp with chicken, but that means another net carbohydrate.
The creamy cilantro dressing adds 2 extra carbs, but we didn’t think it was necessary because the sour cream adds enough flavor without the dressing.
Don’t forget to ask for a corn-free product so that the meal is compatible with the diet.
4. El Pollo Loco Chicken dish for 2 servings
I would like a two-part chicken dish, with breast and leg, broccoli and no tortilla.
- Nutrition: Chicken breast with skin | 220 calories | 9 g fat | 0 g total carbohydrates | 0 g fibre | 0 g sugar | 36 g protein | 0 g net carbs
- Nutrition: Chicken thighs with skin | 210 calories | 15 g fat | 0 g total carbohydrates | 0 g fiber | 0 g sugar | 21 g protein | 0 g net carbs
- Nutrition: Chicken wings with skin | 90 calories | 5 g fat | 0 g total carbohydrates | 0 g fiber | 0 g sugar | 12 g protein | 0 g net carbs
- Nutrition: Chicken leg with skin | 80 calories | 4 g fat | 0 g total carbohydrates | 0 g fibre | 0 g sugar | 12 g protein | 0 g net carbs
- Nutrition: Broccoli (small) | 30 calories | 0 g fat | 6 g total carbohydrates | 2 g fiber | 0 g sugar | 12 g protein | 4 g net carbs
You just can’t go wrong with El Pollo Loco’s famous chicken dishes. Combine breasts, wings, legs or drumsticks and choose broccoli as a side dish for a true keto meal! If you want a higher fat percentage, choose the thighs and breasts because they have the highest fat percentage.
5. El Pollo Loco Chicken Nachos
I would like chicken nachos, no tortilla chips, no pinto beans and salad, please.
- Nutritional value: 180 calories | 15 g fat | 6 g total carbohydrates | 2 g fiber | 2 g sugar | 5 g protein | 4 g net carbs
Make low-carb nachos by choosing lettuce instead of chips! I’ve ordered nachos this way at several restaurants and let me tell you, it’s a delicious dish, even without the chips. Just use a fork and eat!
6. El Pollo Loco Baja Shrimp Tostada Salad
I would like a Baja shrimp tostada salad, no pinto beans, no rice, with extra lettuce and in a bowl (no shell).
- Nutritional values : 240 calories | 18 g fat | 6 g total carbohydrates | 1 g fiber | 2 g sugar | 14 g protein | 5 g net carbs
If you’re in the mood for shrimp, try the delicious Baja shrimp tostada salad! Don’t forget to skip the high-carb beans, rice and mussels for a light, low-carb lunch. If you really want to boost your keto, ask for avocado or guacamole, which will add delicious and very healthy fats!
7. Avocado Pollo Fit Bowl Double Protein
I’d like a Pollo Fit Avocado Double Protein Bowl, please.
- Nutritional value: 390 calories | 16 g fat | 14 g total carbohydrates | 5 g fiber | 4 g sugar | 50 g protein | 9 g net carbs
The Double Protein Avocado Pollo Fit Bowl is made with organic super greens and lettuce, garnished with cauliflower rice with cilantro and lime and a double serving of grilled ground chicken breast. It contains hand-cut avocado, queso fresco, pico and tapatio spices, and 50 grams of protein!
8. Double Protein Mexican Caesar Pollo Fit Bowl
I’d like a double bowl of Mexican Pollo Fit Caesar protein, please.
- Nutritional value: 290 calories | 9 g fat | 7 g total carbohydrates | 4 g fiber | 2 g sugar | 47 g protein | 3 g net carbs
A double serving of El Pollo Loco’s Pollo Fit Bowl Protein Mexican Caesar consists of organic super vegetables and salad, topped with a double serving of chopped grilled chicken breast. It also includes sliced radish, hand-cut avocado, cotija cheese, tapatio spices and a slice of lemon. If you order it without dressing (which is how it comes standard), it contains only 3 grams of pure carbohydrates!
As you can see, living on the keto diet has never been easier on the road!
More and more restaurants are joining this trend and offering more and more menu options that allow you to enjoy a delicious meal and still limit the amount of carbs!
Check out our other tips and tricks for keto restaurants!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I order at Pollo Loco Keto?
The best thing to order at Pollo Loco Keto is the Pollo Bowl. It has a generous amount of chicken, vegetables, and rice.
Does El Pollo Loco have Keto?
El Pollo Loco does not have a Keto menu.
Is El Pollo Loco keto taco really Keto?
Yes, the El Pollo Loco keto taco is Keto.
Feedback,el pollo loco keto tacoel pollo loco keto bowlel pollo loco keto taco nutritionel pollo loco keto burrito ingredientsel pollo loco nutrition keto burritoel pollo loco keto burrito review,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,el pollo loco keto taco,el pollo loco keto bowl,el pollo loco keto taco nutrition,what is el pollo loco keto tortilla made of,el pollo loco keto burrito ingredients,el pollo loco nutrition keto burrito,el pollo loco keto burrito review,keto burrito el pollo loco gluten free