Low carb recipes don’t have to be bland and boring anymore, with these easy strawberry spinach salad that is delicious. It’s a refreshing summer side dish at just 140 calories per serving!
This low carb strawberry spinach salad dressing is the perfect recipe for a healthy summertime meal. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar free.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This strawberry spinach salad is a crowd-pleaser that serves as a delightful side dish or lunch. Fresh baby spinach, luscious strawberries, toasted walnuts, and feta cheese are all enhanced by a simple Poppy Plant dressing. In less than 10 minutes, you can make this simple spinach and strawberry salad.
We prepare this spinach salad with strawberries all the time in our kitchen this time of year. It’s one of those salads that I look forward to cooking whenever fresh, lush strawberries return to the market.
Strawberry season is one of my favorites, and strawberries are one of my favorite fruits. I like creating keto strawberry bread, keto strawberry muffins, and protein strawberry smoothies and strawberry mousse.
So why don’t I share my traditional strawberry spinach salad with Poppy Plant dressing with you, which I’m sure you’ll enjoy after just one mouthful.
With the weather beginning to warm up, I’m no longer desiring comfort meals like soups or stews, and instead desire lighter fare like this simple strawberry spinach salad with Poppy Plant dressing. Simply collect all of the ingredients, prepare the dressing, construct the salad, and enjoy this delicious spinach strawberry salad dish.
Why Will You Appreciate This Strawberry Spinach Salad?
- This dish is both simple and tasty.
- It’s ideal for any occasion.
- Baby spinach and strawberries are among the nutritious elements.
- It is incredibly adaptable. You can top it with anything you like.
Ingredients for Strawberry Spinach Salad
You’ll be surprised to learn that this dish calls for ingredients that are both simple and readily available, particularly during the summer. A word about the ingredients:
Strawberry and spinach are a great combination, and the balsamic dressing adds a lot of flavor. The richness of the strawberries is balanced by the acidity of the balsamic dressing, making this salad taste wonderful.
Salad’s Main Ingredients
- Baby spinach is my preferred option, but a spring salad mix would also work well in this strawberry salad.
- Pecans — For the finest crunch and taste, use toasted pecans.
- Red onion – thinly slice the onion and rinse with cold water to make it taste softer.
- Strawberries – choose firm, juicy strawberries with a delicious aroma.
- Buy a slice of fresh feta cheese and crumble it. You may also use your favorite cheese, such as goat cheese or burrata, in its stead.
Balsamic Dressing with Poppy Plants
You’ll only need a few simple items to produce the greatest Poppy Plant dressing recipe:
- Red wine vinegar may be substituted for balsamic vinegar.
- Make sure you’re using high-quality olive oil while cooking. Avocado oil may also suffice.
- Poppy Plant
- Honey is used to sweeten the dressing. Use sugar-free honey or a low-carb sweetener, my keto buddies.
- Mustard Dijon
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
This spinach and strawberry salad is quite tasty, and you’ll be astonished at how simple it is to prepare. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- In a mason jar, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, make the healthy spinach strawberry salad.
- Pour some dressing over the strawberries, spinach, and pecans, toss well, and top with feta cheese crumbles.
- Serve immediately with more dressing drizzled on top if desired.
- You may use romaine salad, a combination of greens, or arugula instead of baby spinach.
- For an additional smokey taste, add some crumbled crispy bacon.
- Avocado may be used for added flavor and creaminess.
- This strawberry salad goes well with hazelnuts, cashews, or almonds.
- Add some grilled chicken breast for for added protein.
- Remove the cheese or substitute it with your favorite vegan cheese for a vegan strawberry spinach salad.
What Can Strawberry Salad Be Used For?
This strawberry salad’s fresh taste goes nicely with a variety of healthful main meals. It’s the ideal side dish for a backyard barbeque. Here are some fantastic suggestions:
Is it possible to prepare Strawberry Spinach Salad in advance?
Salads tend to become mushy quickly, so I like to make them fresh. The dressing, on the other hand, may be made ahead of time and stored for a few days. When you’re ready to eat, construct the salad. Making it from scratch takes just a few minutes.
Additional Salad Recipes
This strawberry spinach salad recipe is a crowd-pleaser and makes a great side dish or delicious lunch. A simple Poppy Plant dressing pairs perfectly with fresh baby spinach, juicy strawberries, roasted pecans, and feta cheese. Make this easy spinach and strawberry salad in less than 15 minutes.
Salad with strawberries and spinach:
- 10 ounces baby spinach, fresh
- strawberries (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices or roasted pecans
- 1/2 finely sliced red onion
- feta cheese, 4 oz.
For the Balsamic Poppy Plant Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp Poppy Plants
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp Mustard Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Cooking Option Stop your screen from turning black.
Make the Poppy Plant Dressing: Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir well until incorporated. Alternatively, add all the dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake well. Set aside.
To make the salad, combine spinach, strawberries, and red onion in a large salad bowl. Toss the salad with half of the dressing to evenly coat it. Taste and adjust the dressing if necessary.
Crumbled feta cheese and pecans go on top of the salad.
Serve immediately with more dressing if preferred.
How are the nutritional values calculated?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Salad with strawberries and spinach
Please subscribe now!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The “keto strawberry spinach salad” is a low carb spin on the classic strawberry spinach salad. The recipe includes a keto-friendly dressing, and can be made in under 10 minutes.
- keto strawberry dressing
- simple strawberry spinach salad
- sugar free strawberry salad dressing
- diabetic spinach strawberry salad
- spinach salad dressing without sugar