The best-selling cookbook that is the secret to America’s dinner tables has a new, healthier recipe. Crack Chicken combines chicken thighs with a smoky mixture of avocado oil and spices for an easy low carb twist on the classic dish.
The “low carb chicken lunch recipes” is a recipe that is easy to make and low-carb. It has a delicious, savory flavor with lots of crunch.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This Crack Chicken Recipe is rich, creamy, and cheesy, with plenty of crunchy bacon. It’s a family-friendly meal that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. This dish is naturally low carb and keto-friendly, and it includes directions for using an Instant Pot or a Slow Cooker.
I like cooking meals that are simple and fast to prepare in the Instant Pot. All you have to do is toss in the ingredients, and the meal will magically cook.
While I adore spending time in the kitchen cooking beautiful foods for my family, there are times when I just want something warm and fast. Of course, one of the most crucial factors is taste, so this crack chicken dish is a sure hit for our midweek meals.
What’s not to love about a warm and delicious cream cheese filled chicken recipe? My marry me chicken dish, cream cheese filled chicken, and our famous chicken bacon ranch casserole are all creamy.
I’m pleased I tried this crack chicken dish since it’s quickly become a family favorite, as it’s both warm and simple to prepare. It simply takes a few items that you already have on hand to make the greatest shredded chicken dip.
Why Will You Enjoy This Crack Chicken Recipe?
- Preparation time is about 5 minutes.
- It’s simple to prepare and really delicious.
- Gluten-free and naturally low-carb
- There are several ways to serve.
- In our home, a family-friendly favorite supper
- It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken.
What is Crack Chicken, and how does it work?
Shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and ranch seasoning combine to make this crack chicken. It’s a really addicting dinner, and everyone keeps requesting more. You’ll finish up with the creamiest, richest supper you’ve ever had, with plenty of flavor in every mouthful.
Ingredients for Crack Chicken
- Chicken — I used chicken breast, but boneless/skinless chicken thighs would be as great.
- Cheese — The quality of the components is crucial, as a good cheddar cheese will enhance the flavor. You may use low-moisture Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, or Provolone for the cheddar cheese. You’ll also need high-fat cream cheese; we’re not looking for low-fat alternatives here.
- Ranch Seasoning – To create your own ranch seasoning, mix all of the ingredients given in the recipe card below. To eliminate all of the unneeded and harmful components, I prefer to make ranch seasoning at home. Maltodextrin (worse than sugar), Monosodium Glutamate (which adds taste but is very hazardous to the body), Starches, and other ingredients are often included in store-bought ranch flavoring.
- Chicken broth — Water will enough, but chicken broth gives the quick pot crack chicken so much more flavor.
- Bacon – I carefully check the ingredients list on the items I purchase to avoid the sugars and nitrites that are often found in processed meals. It’s quite simple to produce crispy, mess-free oven baked bacon.
- Instant Pot – I have a medium 6 quart Instant Pot that I use for all of my recipes.
What’s the Best Way to Make Crack Chicken?
- In a slow cooker, combine the chicken, cream cheese, chicken broth, and spices to create Crack Chicken.
- Cook for 8 hours on low in a covered slow cooker.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred it with two forks or your preferred way.
- Return the chicken to the pot, along with the cheddar cheese.
- Cook the bacon until it’s nice and crispy. Allow it to cool before mixing it with the chicken.
What’s the Best Way to Serve Crack Chicken?
Crack chicken is very creamy and may be prepared in a variety of ways. Some of my favorite crack chicken recipes include:
- Simply create a greens salad with your preferred dressing and serve with crack chicken.
- Serve with your favorite low carb burger buns or a piece of my keto bread for a crack chicken sandwich.
- Crack chicken lettuce wraps — To create excellent keto lettuce wraps, place a couple tablespoons of crack dip into lettuce or use my egg-free coconut flour wraps.
- Crack Chicken with Broccoli or Cauliflower that has been roasted
- Mashed Cauliflower with Crack Chicken
- Serve with cooked zucchini noodles or spinach as a side dish.
- It’s best eaten right from the pot with a fork.
- Serve with celery or tortilla chips as a dip.
Crack chicken may be prepared in a variety of ways. How about you, what’s yours?
Is it OK if I use frozen chicken?
Yes, you may use frozen chicken in this crack chicken dish. Simply change the cooking time.
When I make this dish with frozen chicken, I cook it on manual for 25 minutes, then let it naturally release for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pressure cooker and shred it.
How to Keep Things Safe
- Refrigerate leftover crack chicken for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Reheating: Use the microwave or a slow cooker to warm. To keep the chicken from drying out, add a tablespoon of butter or chicken broth.
Other Mouthwatering Chicken Recipes
Crack chicken is a delicious, easy-to-make dish that’s very creamy, rich, and flavorful. This dish is naturally low carb and keto friendly, and it includes directions for using an Instant Pot or a Slow Cooker.
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 quart chicken stock
- cream cheese, 8 ounce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon slices
Ingredients for Keto Ranch Seasoning:
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Instructions for Instant Pot Crack Chicken
Prepare the bacon by chopping it into tiny pieces. Set the instant pot’s saute function. Cook, stirring often, until the bacon begins to brown. Drain the grease and remove any brown pieces from the bottom of the kettle before transferring the bacon to a platter. To exit Saute Mode, press “Cancel.”
In a large saucepan, combine the chicken breasts, cream cheese, chicken stock, and all of the ranch flavor ingredients. Close the cover and cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes, then Natural Release for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let out any leftover steam. Remove the lid.
Place the chicken in a large mixing basin. Shred the chicken using two forks. Put the chicken back in the pot.
Combine the cheddar cheese and a third of the bacon bits in a mixing bowl. Mix until the cheese is completely melted.
Top with more bacon pieces, cheese, and green onions and serve with keto buns.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
These Nutritional Information listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our Nutritional Information are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Crack chicken, keto crack chicken are two words that come to mind while thinking about crack chicken.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe is on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The “crack chicken keto” is an easy recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes. It is low carb and high protein.
- low carb no sugar chicken recipes
- easy low fat low carb chicken recipes
- low carb ways to season chicken
- crack chicken keto crockpot
- keto cracked pepper chicken